Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ben Gibbard

Singer of Death Cab for Cutie (and The Postal Service, actually, I just discovered it, that was why so many people like them!).




I am digging them recently. I just ran one of the best music programs in the world, Last.fm, and started a Death Cab for Cutie station. Ben Gibbard came up(yeah, it happens, if you type in Aphex Twin, you'll get at least 6 of Aphex Twin tracks in other artist name), and he sounds like a girl. Not like Brian Molko girly, but like a real female singer. And he doesn't look like a guy who sounds like a girlAnyway, I love his songs. Whether they are Death Cab, The Postal Service, or his solo releases. They're rather like pop, but oh, I'm not going to consider all pop songs guilty pleasures.

And Modest Mouse come up every time I run Last.fm. I really need to check them out.

No comments: